Do you have the aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise? Can you creatively problem solve and bring together viable solutions? Are you looking to develop and enhance customer relationships by providing excellent service?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Superintendent with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, enthusiastic and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. As a senior superintendent, you will be responsible for providing coordination, planning, and supervision to other superintendents, contractors, and craft activities on large, complex projects.
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002… what are you waiting for?
Planning and implementation to ensure all materials, equipment, and inspections support the project schedule
- Review construction documents for completeness and constructability
- Review and understand contract documents
- Coordinate plans and specifications with design engineers, resolving discrepancies
- Participate in the development and management of a project schedule to include three and six week look ahead schedules
- Develop a site logistics plan
- Lead the utilization of Mortenson tools and equipment
- Collaborate with project partner superintendents
Coaching, supervisory, and development responsibilities
- Conduct on-site project orientations
- Conduct effective pre-construction planning sessions and project site meetings
- Supervise project partners, craft foremen, and crews
- Responsible for the mentoring, management, and timely performance evaluation of Assistant Superintendent(s), General Foremen, and Foremen
- Interview, hire, transfer, and if needed terminate craft team members
- Ensure proper task coding of work hours on time cards
- Manage and track work progress and craft productivity
- Manage craft team member training, ensuring they are current prior to starting task
- Conduct career development discussions with foremen and craft team members
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Provide high level management of safety, quality, risk, and compliance for the project and team members
- Recognize and mitigate unfavorable working conditions
- Seek opportunities to improve processes and procedures
Current driver’s license
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.