Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Our Brookfield, WI location is seeking a Project Accounting Intern for the summer of 2018. The Project Accounting Intern will assist the Projecting Accounting team in ownership of project profitability on large scale commercial construction projects. Responsibilities of the Project Accounting Intern include:
• Assist Project Accountant with preparing backup to support monthly billings
• Assist Project Accountant with preparing monthly equipment spreadsheets
• Gain a basic understanding of subcontracts and their payment applications, how they are entered and processed
• Gain an understanding of AIA billing process
• Gain an understanding of different types of projects (Lump Sum, Cost Plus, GMP) and how each relates to project costs, forecasts and billings
• Gain a basic understanding of project contracts and what information is gained from them
• Support Project Team with coding forms, check requests, subcontractor payments, miscellaneous administrative tasks, etc.
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; must be currently enrolled
• Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Microsoft Excel
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 / 4.0
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Superior customer service skills
• Tenacious problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail and well organized
• Effective communication skills
Internship is based in Brookfield, WI.
This internship will be full-time (40 hours per week) during the summer of 2018. (May/June-August)
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.